Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reflections on reading #8 "Out on the Borderline"

The 'live' on-line discussion between @Scuzi66 and @clovegro is, I think, pretty much where 'we all' feel at present.



Well done Chris and Scott (a.k.a Steve)

That is, "WE ALL" that are 'buying in', and see possibilities. Many staff, including our illustrious leaders, seem to be waiting for someone to 'do it all for them' so they can just tick the box and move on. Many staff don't or won't even try to work in this mode of communication internally (without student involvement).
Well, "Sorry folks", the living curriculum initiatives are going to steam-roll over that notion, and rightly so.
If it doesn't the next generation of students' most definitely will.

We're not alone. In the process of the readings I've contacted several educationalist in Australia. I find, in particular, their site http://www.flexiblelearning.net.au/   is very good for VET community papers and discussions. I initially had the feeling that we where WAY behind other countries in on-line initiatives and open learning. Now however I believe we are not hopelessly behind at all. Our own Wendy Baker, I see, has presented latterly in USA and wowwed them (as she does anyway). I think that the need for more staff generally is going to be a necessity. One I can only imagine what may happen were we to 'all sing from the same hymn sheet'.                      


                       Will that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment